The Wilcox L4 G24 Low Profile Breakaway Mount allows firm attachment of a variety of NVGs to a MICH/ACH helmet using an Ops-Core VAS or standard Army shroud. This NVG mounting system allows the mount to “break away” from the base under a stressed condition, such as when prompted by interference during fast roping, maritime operations, hard impact or when entering or exiting mobility platforms. Without the Wilcox breakaway feature, the potential for induced neck injury and NVG breakage are increased. The Wilcox L4 G24 NVG Mounting Systems Product Line is featured with a wide range of adjustments to customize the position of the Night Vision Goggle for proper eye position, and provide a maximum low profile position to the helmet.
• Lock Release Lever allows NVG height to be easily adjusted up or down, then secured.
• A Mount Release Lever allows the operator to easily set the desirable mode (breakaway or locked), depending upon operational needs.
• An ergonomically placed Flip Release Button allows the Mount to “”ip up” to a stowed position when the goggle is attached. This pivot mechanism is simple and robust by design and cannot loosen over time.
• A Tilt Adjustment Knob allows the operator to fine adjust the tilt angle of the NVG.
• A Fore/Aft Release Lever allows for fore/aft travel of the goggle. Releasing the lever allows the operator to set the fore/aft position of the goggle.
• An ergonomically placed NVG Release Button allows for one handed release of the NVG
• Materials: Lightweight Aerospace Aluminum, Polymer
• Height Adjust: 0.900″ Total Vertical Travel
• View to Stow Adjustment: 130º Travel
• Tilt Adjustment: 0-15º
• Fore/Aft Travel: 1.4″ Total
• Auto On-Off: Applicable w/ Wilcox Metal Interface Shoes